SIA publish ‘Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS) Get Approved Clarifications
This month the Security Industry Authority has published a document ‘Approved Contractor Scheme (ACS) Get Approved Clarifications’.
The document provides clarification and information regarding the eligibility to join the ACS scheme and the fit and proper conditions required.
In brief, companies must comply with the following:
- Have a minimum of 2 licensable operatives supplied under a contract for the provision of security services and in each of the sectors for which you are applying
- Hold at least one current contract for the provision of security services and have been supplying security industry services for a minimum period of 12 months at the time of application
- Company Identity – this should match information held on a public register such as Companies House
- Financial Probity – financial checks will be completed including whether all licensable individuals supplied by the business are employees and paid within HMRC guidelines
- Integrity of the Business to ensure that the business and controlling minds are complying with the Private Security Industry Act 2001
To read the full document click here sia-acs-get-approved-clarifications